Welcome back everyone!
I just wanted to hop on and tell you a little bit about my updated skin care routine. To be absolutely honest, my skin has been terrible. I have always had the odd breakout and some rosacea, but nothing really concerning. Over the past 6 months or so I have been suffering from really bad eczema around my mouth and on my eye lids. I thought I would share some favourites that have eliminated my eczema, helped with my black heads and help the overall complexion of my skin.
- I am still using the Vichy Fresh Cleansing Gel. This stuff is a good bang for your buck because the bottle lasts FOREVER. I love using this morning and night because it doesn’t strip my skin. The biggest plus of this cleanser, I think, is that it lathers so nicely and doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight or dry.
- This Dermalogica Phyto Replenish Oil is hands down one of my favourite products. You would think something with the work “oil” in it would automatically mean that it would clog your pores, but this does just the opposite. I discovered this product when I went for my first facial at Dermalogica Canada (which was amazing by the way!). As someone who has very oily skin to start with I was very weary about this product. The minute I put this on my face it was like my skin gulped it up and was dying for some extra hydration. This oil is very light weight, smells nice and protects your skin. It is on the pricier end, but worth every penny.
- Garnier’s Clearly Brighter Moisturizer has been amazing for my skin. I was never one to put sunscreen on my face, but this moisturizer has one built in. It is nice and light, smells great and protects my skin from the sun. I definitely noticed my skin looked a lot brighter when I started using this and my sun spots got noticeably smaller, as well as my pores.
- Also a recommendation from Dermalogica, this Daily Microfoliant is a must no matter what type of skin you have. I never thought I had sensitive skin until my facial. This product is a powder that you pour on to the palm of your hand and add water, to make a liquid consistency. You then scrub it all over your face.This product is super gentle, you wouldn’t know it is a exfoliator but super effective. All my dead skin was gone after using this and super soft. It was recommended to use this product twice a week and build myself up to more.
- I picked up this face mask on a whim from Sephora. I was really drawn to this brand because they are all natural and don’t test on animals. This mask smells like tang oddly enough which reminds me of my childhood at my Nana and Papa’s. I really like this mask because it helps firm your skin and shrink your pores.
- I was fed up with my eczema after six months (don’t know why I waited that long) and was prescribed this tube of magic called Protopic. This stuff did wonders and had gotten rid of my eczema overnight. This stuff has to be used very sparingly and not very often. If eczema is something you are suffering with, I would definitely try Protopic.
I hope you enjoyed my skincare essentials. Give them a try and let me know if you liked any of them. As well, comment your favourites below!